Cycle Team 2005

The season is underway for Team in Training's Greater Sacramento Cycle Team! Thanks for visiting! - Rachel

4.17.2005

Lull

I apologize for the lack of updates. Party Pardee was a challenging ride (though we couldn't have asked for more beautiful weather!), and it took me a couple days to recover. Then Arnie got sick with a staph infection, poor little guy. Thanks to doggie antibiotics, he seems to have recovered just fine (minus his beard).

I've incorporated some quality time with the pooch into my rides. On my slow days, Sundays, I take him out first for a couple of miles so he can run! He was THRILLED to see me bring out his special "biking" leash. Now, I've decided to start biking to work with him on sunny days so he can get more exercise. (I have a trailer for him in case he gets tired.)

I've been nursing a sore leg for the past few weeks, so I haven't put as many miles in as I'd hoped. I think I've pinpointed the problem -- cleat alignment on the shoe of the leg that's bothering me -- so hopefully I'll bounce back quickly! It's good to know it's probably mechanical, and not my body rebelling.

Our fundraiser last week was a huge success. We had a blast socializing, eating baked potatoes, and enjoying the silent auction and raffle. I raised approximately $375 from my auction items, so a big thank you to those of you who donated and bid on items!

The Chico ride is coming up next week. The forecast calls for rain, but I'm hoping that's an error. :)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home