Cycle Team 2005

The season is underway for Team in Training's Greater Sacramento Cycle Team! Thanks for visiting! - Rachel

5.28.2005

Last Team Ride :(

Last week, I successfully rode 75 hilly miles! We're mountain goats! It finally clicked: I can do Tahoe! Sorry for the lack of updates, but I was hard at work Sunday-Friday.

Today, we started from Beal's Point (Folsom Lake). It was a beautiful morning, and it was empowering to cruise up the same hills that intimidated me in February! The potluck afterwards featured good-natured arguing over what the team's helmet decorations for Tahoe should be. There will be 3,000 people there from all over the country, most of whom are affiliated with TNT, and each team is distinguished by these helmet decorations. Last year, the Sacramento team's helmets featured salmon. You'll have to wait to find out what this year's decoration is. Thank goodness the lil' patriotic hat with Ahnald's photo on it didn't win this year.

I'm sad that the season is just about over, even though that means I won't have to get up before dawn on Saturdays for a while -- unless I wish to. (Those of you who know me well know that I'm not much of a morning person. ;) ) I rode today with Michelle, whose 4-year-old nephew is battling leukemia. She rode at Tahoe last year and says that it's an amazing experience. Everyone says this, and I know it's because it's difficult to encapsulate in words what this ride means to us and to the people for whom we're riding. I can't wait, and I promise to tell you all about it.


The Team! (Click on photo for larger view) This isn't everyone, as we number around 90. Honoree Cameron is front and center, with his dad, Paul, and I'm just to the right in the white helmet, wearing my Oscar the Grouch socks.


We love our coaches! (l-r): Steve, Curt, Linda, Mike, and Dick.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home